Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Trusting through the years

8 years 
I was young and afraid, 
but God stepped in. 
He called me away from my fears, 
I knew I could trust Him here. 

13 years 
A little bit older now and still afraid, 
but God continued calling me to a Higher place. 
He called me away from my fears, 
I knew I could trust Him here. 

18 years 
A little braver now but still young, 
I made it here by God’s love. 
Changes were made, 
I felt alone and afraid, 
but I knew I could still trust God in this place. 

21 years 
Older and letting go of fears, 
not afraid to travel far somewhere. 
I found my identity in the Son,
no longer in finding someone. 
I know I could still trust God here. 

27 years 
Life is different than what I planned, 
By now I thought I would be holding a man’s hand. 
I’m questioning, “am I still in God’s hands?” 
I find myself shrinking back to my 8 year old self, 
but God continues calling me to trust. 

Things are different, yes it’s true, 
but God is still the unshakable, 
and He still whispers, “I am making all things new.” 
I can let go of my fears, 
because I know I can continue trusting God here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment