Thursday, January 3, 2019

Mountains Moved

Happy New Year! 


 I’ve been in Norh Carolina for a week visiting an old friend,  and something amazing happened. 


My friend Allison and I have been getting to talk a lot this week, and she’s seeking to be closer with God again. Last night we read the Bible in her husbands workshop, and for once she wanted me to talk and share. The reason I am surprised is because when we were younger (4th and 5th grade) we had an argument about our different beliefs about baptism. That argument didn’t change our friendship, but it did affect us from ever reading or talking about the Bible together again. So the fact that she’s been wanting to talk to me and have a devotional with me is a big deal!! 


Last night we were reading Colossians 1, and she wanted me to read and pray. 

I kind of stepped into the facilitator role of asking questions to study the passage, something I’m insecure about doing because I don’t know “enough.” 

But it’s amazing that when Allison’s husband was on a tangent and wouldn’t let me talk, Allison interrupted and told him to let me speak. 

God’s done a lot in our hearts and mind since we were 11 and 10 years old!! 💛


It was also a small way of God telling me not to be afraid to lead a community group!! 


It was a big moment in our friendship to be able to study the Word of God together. 


It is a miracle that God is revealing Himself to her and she is seeking Him. A mountain moved is a miracle no matter how small the move is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment