Tuesday, July 10, 2018

FIND ME!

An original poem I wrote in 5 minutes on July 10, 2018. It’s the inner cry of my heart that I want to tell my earthly father. I love my dad, but I know he isn’t perfect. Just as I am not perfect. But my Heavenly Father, who loves me better than my earthly father does, loves me too much to leave me in my imperfect flesh. Yes, God is forgiving of my sins, but He also wants me (and all of us) to admit and turn away from our sins, and that means seeking help and opening up to a trusted, Christian community about our struggles. It’s time to stop hiding in that adult game of hide-n-seek where we want to stay hidden. It’s time to play like my 3 year old niece plays by shouting “FIND ME!” in our hiding place. 




There’s no need to run and hide. 

There’s no need to cover your sin behind the blinds. 


Because in the hiding you’ll never heal. 

Don’t you know it’s okay to be real? 


Why can’t we all just be kids again? 

Back when we played hide n seek and wanted to be found in the end. 


Kids are smarter than many adults think, 

Because kids realize the truth underneath.. 


That hiding our flaws isn’t how we heal, 

It’s only by jumping into the light screaming “FIND ME!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment