Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Humans In His Image

The smell of coffee beans permeate the room full of sitting people. People I don't know and probably would have never encountered if we all did not make the same decision to come to the same coffee shop.

This is to the college-aged girl in front of me highlighting in her notebook the verses from her Bible study. To the older gentleman sitting by himself waiting on his friend. To the 20-something guy who is reading an e-book and listening to his own music. To the mother and daughter sitting across from each other. I do not know either of your names or your story, but I do know that you are all dearly loved by our Creator, and I that you all matter to Him. Even before you were born, He knew you.

"For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well."
(Psalms 139:13-14)

And regardless of what you've heard or have been told, you have not been forgotten. You belong to Him, and He calls you His.

"But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel; 'Fear not, for I have redeemed you: I have called you by name, you are mine." (Isaiah 43:1)

He has chosen you. He has always loved you, even though you may not have loved or chosen Him. Why does He love you? Well, why does a mother love her child?

God created every human in His very own image. (Genesis 1:27)
He did it so He can have a relationship with you and me. He isn't a distant God or Father. He is Holy and Mighty, and He is also loving. He is the Author of life, and "we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:10)

You do not have to try to earn His love. His love is free. His grace is free. You do not have to be ashamed of your bruises or scars because in Christ there is no judgement or condemnation. (Romans 8:1; Luke 7:47-48)

Learn to love Him. Learn to trust Him. Desire to know Him. And then, make Him known.

No comments:

Post a Comment