Friday, July 15, 2016

The hardest thing about traveling

The longest I've been gone was when I spent 6 weeks in Moldova. But coming back with so many things in my head and heart that was exposed and enlightened, it was difficult to communicate them to people. And I still learn something new from my time there. It prepared me for moving into an apartment with 5 other girls, which is preparing me to graduate and possibly spend a year in China alone. 
So many questions go through my head: 

Will I have community there? 
Will I be able to adjust to the culture? 
Will I be able to speak the language? 
Will friends and family back home forget about me? 
Will my church family be okay? 
Will everyone move on while I'm away? 
Will I have community when I return? 
Will I be able to readjust back to "normal" life in the States? 
Will everyone be married? 
Will I be the only single one? 
Will my life change so much that I can no longer stay in the same place? 
Will my heart ache too much to stay in the culture I was sent, or will it hurt too much to be away from the place I've called home for 25 years? 

So many thoughts, so many questions. The only thing I can do is to pray earnestly for the Lord to give me peace wherever he takes me, because I know that whatever lies ahead it will be challenging. But I know that he has given me community here and now so I will have prayer warriors supporting me for when I go. 

https://london2cape.com/adventure-travel/the-hardest-part-of-travelling/

No comments:

Post a Comment