Friday, May 27, 2016

Change Is Good

Today was the last day of work and school at the ECC. Even though I didn't have my own classroom I can proudly say that I learned a lot  these last 9 months. I was exhausted at the end of the week but I was crazy enough to get up and do it all it over again. I made more mistakes but I learned that I can do better. Whenever I doubted of ever becoming a teacher God reassured me in the simplest ways. 

Today during after care while the kids were eating their snack, one of the little girls (let's call her EGB) came up to me with a frown. She has done this many times this year when she was tattling so I was not sympathetic at first. But when I asked her what's wrong REAL tears appeared in her eyes when she said, "Miss. Molly, I don't want to leave this school!" 💔 

I picked her up and put her on my lap as she explained to me that she's going to kindergarten at another school in the fall. At first I was heart broken too because I wanted to see her next year in our kindergarten class, but I knew that I had to show EGB that a new school was exciting! 

So the other teacher and I talked about how much fun she will have meeting new friends and teachers, and she smiled SO BIG when I told her that she'll probably have her OWN desk with her name on it! What once was a thing to dread she now saw the excitement in the unknown. That got me thinking about how I am with God. 

I like change but not at first. When my normal gets a little turbulence I try to hold on with all my might so things don't change too much. But God always knows what's best for me and his children. He knows change will be for our good if we would just trust him. That's how I got the job at the ECC last September and how I finally let go of the 4 years I spent at the YMCA. Change had to happen so that I could grow. God knew that. It just took me some time to fully believe it. And now 9 months later I am SO GLAD that I did change jobs because I would have missed out on all the blessings of meeting so many different people at the ECC and the lessons and adventures that came with them. 

In my life and in the last 9 months I have learned this to be true; I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future. And He is good! 

“And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.”
Romans 8:28 ESV 💙

No comments:

Post a Comment